Berlin is the perfect place to chill out on a spring or summer day. When you arrive from Paris, the first thing that surprises you is the amount of space and greenery all around the city.
Berlin is divided into various neighbourhoods : Prenzlauer Berg, Mitte, Kreuzberg and so on.. So if you are only there for a few days, you should check where you want to go as it can take a while to get from one side of the city to the other. Visiting the city on a bike is probably one of your best options.
6 things you should not miss during your weekend in Berlin :
- A cruise on the Spree after visiting Alexanderplatz and the Nikolaïviertel. Simply make sure that the tour guide will also be speaking English, and not just German, unless you’re fully fluent
- Stop for lunch at the oldest outdoor biergarten : Prater and if you’re there on a Sunday, wander through the vintage market at Mauerpark. You should also check out the outdoor karaoke open to everyone and so much fun !
- Have a drink by the Spree on one of the beach chairs after checking out the interior courtyard at Hackescher Markt
- Stop for dinner at Schwarzwaldstuben. They have the best Spätzle and Wiener Schnitzel in town and offer a cosy restaurant but make sure you book it in advance or have dinner at the counter
- Stroll along the Landwehrkanal, relax on the sand and take a dip in the outdoor pool at Badeschiff. Have a look at the nearby vintage market.
- Have one of the best brunches in town at Lafil, on Kollwitzplatz
And you, do you have any favourite places in Berlin ?
The addresses :
Prater, Kastanienallee 7-9 – Prenzlauer Berg
Schwarzwaldstuben, Tucholskystrasse 48 – Mitte
Badeschiff, Eichenstrasse 4 – Treptow
Lafil, Wörtherstrasse 33 – Prenzlauer Berg